Thursday, October 10, 2013

B-day eve

I've been so busy these past few weeks with renovations at home, I haven't had time to blog. But I think a little more sadly, I haven't really had time to get excited about the big event, baby b-day. Perhaps it is a blessing in disguise that I haven't had time to think too much about it and be wishing the day would come quicker.

Funnily, everyone else around us seem really excited for us for tomorrow. That is nice. Both of our families are thrilled. 

I am nervous about the procedure and my recovery. I am also very much looking forward to meeting our baby. I remember a few months ago thinking how much I loved him already, so I expect tomorrow I am going to be quite emotional. It is really hard to imagine how special it must be to see your baby for the first time.

Tonight hubby and I are trying to decide how to spend our last childless night. We are both EXHAUSTED from all the work we've done renovating. It looks like dinner and movie will be replaced with a nice takeaway and some quiet time together at home. We did manage to enjoy quite a few nice lunches together over the past fortnight as a treat during the reno works and I think a quiet night in will be delightful. 

Next time you hear from me, hopefully we will have a name for our newest family member and maybe even a pic or two.

I have included a few pics from past couple of weeks.

Baby room prep

The new kitchen going in!

2 days before b-day!
Dressed for my last couple of hours work!

Please rid me of these swollen, puffy feet!




No comments:

Post a Comment